Do You Have Medicaid?Vail Health Behavioral Health accepts Medicaid as a health insurance option. Medicaid covers all costs associated with behavioral health services, including outpatient therapy, psychiatry and medication-assisted treatment for alcohol and other substances. If you have Medicaid and need behavioral health services, schedule an appointment by calling (970) 455-2489.
If you don’t have Medicaid but would like to see if you could qualify, our community outreach specialists can help. Schedule a Medicaid enrollment appointment with a member of our team by calling (970) 422-3039 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is Your Medicaid Status Changing?If you receive health coverage through Colorado's Medicaid program(s), Health First Colorado or Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+), your eligibility is reviewed annually.
Some individuals will have their coverage automatically renewed based on the most recent information already on file with the state. Auto-renewed individuals will receive a letter 60-70 days before their renewal deadline stating that their health coverage has been renewed for another twelve months. If you receive this letter, no additional action is needed at this time.
Individuals who are not auto-renewed will need to go through the renewal process to see if they still qualify for Health First Colorado or CHP+.
The Renewal Process:
- A renewal packet will be sent in the mail (and online at CO.gov/PEAK) about 60-70 days before an individual's renewal deadline.
- Additional renewal notifications will be sent through the mail or electronically through email, text message and/or by push notification if an individual has the Health First Colorado app and has opted in to receive electronic notifications.
- Individuals must complete, sign and submit their renewal by the deadline specified in their packet, even if there are no changes.
- Online at CO.gov/PEAK or download and use the Health First Colorado app
- In person at the Eagle County Human Services office
- Mail or fax the signed renewal packet to the Eagle County Human Services office
If you have additional questions regarding the Medicaid renewal process in Colorado please see Health First Colorado's FAQs.
Don't Have Insurance or Need Help Getting It?
Medicaid & Other Insurance Enrollment Programs:The Vail Health Behavioral Health community outreach team can assist with Medicaid screening and enrollment. Community outreach specialists help individuals with the entire application process from start to finish. If Medicaid is not available, a community outreach specialist can assist with connecting individuals to other insurance options. Bilingual services are available to anyone in Eagle County regardless of documentation status. To get started, please call (970) 422-3039 or email email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions: Spanish & English